We can support you to access information, use the computer, mobile phone or tablet and help you work independently. We have a large range of high quality equipment and provide extensive training and support. This equipment is helpful for education purposes (such as studying at school or university), employment – an electronic magnifier or speech software for example may support you with your job and we can even help you to access Facebook.
We work with you one on one, at a learning pace and in an environment that suits you. Even if you have never used a computer or any of this technology before, we have the time and support available. Our RSB office locations can provide you with a unique experience to view, test and select your equipment. For a full list of our locations click here.
Some of the products and services we offer include:
- Braille equipment
- Handheld portable magnifiers
- Electronic magnification both desktop and portable devices that can increase print size, contrast and lighting
- Support with advice and training as well as the possibility of short term loan pool equipment for trial
- Equipment to support you with work, including advice and recommendations on what technology might be most suitable
- Mobile devices, including recommendations and training including large button phones, talking phones and smart phones.
- Computer software that can enlarge and enhance text, and read aloud emails and documents
- Scanning and Reading Equipment to have materials read aloud rather than magnified. This equipment uses optical character recognition (OCR) technology to scan and read the text so that you have instant access to printed material
We can also support you to access funding for equipment to meet your needs and goals. This can be through the NDIS or My Aged Care depending on your age, there are also payment schemes available.
To find out more about our range of Adaptive Technology products and services please contact your local RSB office, by calling our NDIS & My Aged Care hotline 1300 944 306 or sending a message here.