My Aged Care and the Commonwealth Home Support Programme
The Australian Government subsidises many different types of aged care services. People are eligible for aged care services once they are 65 years of age, or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people who are homeless.
If you already have a home care package, your home care package provider can contact us for a quote for you to approve before services commence.
The My Aged Care website and contact centre is the entry point to receive subsidised aged care services.
If you don’t have a home care package and would like assistance with a My Aged Care referral for RSB services, call us on 1300 944 306 and ask for assistance with your My Aged Care referral from one of our Pathway Support Specialists.
You can call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or ask your GP to make a referral for you. Your Medicare Card number will be requested to confirm your identity.
A face-to-face assessment with a My Aged Care assessor will be arranged at your home. With your consent, they will discuss your support needs and assess your eligibility for services through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and work with you to develop a support plan that addresses your needs, goals and preferences.
It is important that you request RSB to be your provider for your low vision needs, if that is your wish.
Contact RSB today: 1300 944 306 | email@example.com
Services for Over 65s
- you have trouble seeing even with your glasses on
- you have trouble reading
- you can no longer enjoy your favourite hobby or interest
- you have difficulty moving around your home or out in the community
The RSB provides services that support older people who are blind, or vision impaired to remain independent and an integral part of the community. Our specialist assessment and services focus on wellness and reablement and meet the diverse needs of older people who are blind or vision impaired.
- Emotional support so you can adjust to your vision changes
- Assistance to make it easier to move through your home
- Identifying technology and products best suited for you
- Increasing your independence to access community social activities
- Creating opportunities for you to try new activities, maintain your interests and build connections with other people