- Are respected and valued members of the community.
- Have the same rights as all Australians.
- Are enabled to improve the quality of their lives through our services.
Staff and Volunteers:
- Are critical to the success of the RSB and their contributions are recognised and acknowledged.
- Are encouraged to develop their knowledge and skills for the benefit of our customers.
- Work in an appropriately resourced and safe working environment.
- The RSB values collaboration to improve outcomes for customers.
Charter of Customer Commitment
Your Life – Your Choice
As a leading provider of disability and aged care services in Australia this Charter of Customer Commitment enshrines our belief in the need to provide you with impartial and transparent advice and to deliver quality services. The Charter is our commitment to always act in your best interests. We undertake the following:
We will provide you with the highest quality of service listen to your needs and work with you to access the services of your choice.
You can expect us to:
- make it easy for you to contact us
- help you to access and use our services
- inform you about your rights and responsibilities
- arrange for an interpreter or other language services, if you need this
- do the things we say we will do, like getting back to you when we say we will
- be polite and respect your views, opinions, personal circumstances, cultural diversity and sexual orientation
- protect your personal information and only use it for the right reasons
- provide you with advice on other supports and services.
- provide staff that have the appropriate skills and competencies to meet your needs
- treat you with dignity, fairness and respect, without discrimination or victimisation
- involve you in decisions about the services you receive, and support you to have a say
- inform you how you can make a complaint and provide information on how we will respond to that complaint
- provide support and care that recognises and acknowledges each person’s preferences, choices, interests and capability
- support your right to receive quality care and support in an appropriate environment which promotes your participation
- provide services that meet or exceed relevant industry standards such as the National Standards for Disability Services, NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Standards, and Aged Care Quality Standards.