- LIVING WITH LOW VISION
- GUIDE AND ASSISTANCE DOGS
You are here
The aim of our services is to support people who are blind or vision impaired to remain independent and an integral part of the community. The RSB achieves this through the provision of a person centred approach supported by specialist assessment and services that meet the diverse needs of people who are blind or vision impaired.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the Federal Government’s new way of providing individualised support for eligible people with permanent and significant disability, their families and carers.
The NDIS is based on providing reasonable and necessary support that will help a participant to reach their goals, objectives and aspirations, and to undertake activities to enable the participant’s social and economic participation. A participant’s reasonable and necessary support will take into account any informal assistance already available to the individual-those informal arrangements that are part and parcel of family life or natural connections with friends and community services—as well as other formal support, such as health and education.
These support services are funded by the NDIS to help a participant to reach their goals, objectives and aspirations in a range of areas. Services may include education, employment, social participation, independence, living arrangements and health and wellbeing. These aim to help participants to:
- Pursue their goals, objectives and aspirations
- Increase their independence
- Increase social and economic participation
- Develop their capacity to actively take part in the community.
The types of support the NDIS may fund include:
- Daily personal activities
- Transport to enable participation in community, social, economic and daily life activities
- Workplace assistance for participants to successfully obtain or maintain employment
- Therapeutic support including behaviour support
- Help with household tasks to allow the participant to maintain their home environment
- Help to a participant by skilled personnel in aids or equipment assessment
- Home modification design and construction
- Mobility equipment
- Vehicle modifications
To visit the NDIS website click here.
If you would like to enquire about how the RSB can support you to better understand the NDIS and how it may impact you please call the NDIS hotline on 1300 944 306.