Adaptive Technology Centre (ATC)
Goal of Service
The primary goal of the ATC is to assist persons who are blind or vision impaired to use adaptive technology in education, employment and the home.
- displays and demonstrates the latest adaptive technology available in Australia. This equipment includes computers with adaptive software (magnification and speech), Braille equipment and electronic magnification (desktop and portable)
- provides assessment, advice and training in the use of this equipment and a short term and long term loan pool of some devices for home trial
- works with the RSB’s Employment Services to assist persons in or seeking employment with adaptive technology
- provides advice to organisations on adaptive technology
- showcases the latest in adaptive technology annually at RSB Tech Fest. For more information about this event please click here.
Ground floor, Knapman House, 230 Pirie Street, Adelaide.
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm
Any client of the RSB is able to access all services provided by the ATC.
Other persons are welcome to come in and look at the equipment and discuss with ATC staff any queries.
No referral required.
Appointments are not necessary however they are recommended.
For more information please contact the ATC on (08) 8417 5599